One Year

Today is the day I try to convince my heart what my mind already knows.
This is it.  This even solidifies that the past year, has in fact, been a living nightmare and that this is it.  It sucks.

I miss Matt so damn much.

Ache
Longing
Desperate longing
Foolish longing
Gut wrenching ache

I just need to tell him one more thing.  I need to share this memory that only he and I had.  I need to show him what I found while I was packing.  He won't believe what hilarious things the boys have said, if I could just tell him.  I just need to tell him this one thing.

Sinking
Darkness
Pain, exhausting pain
Pain I choose not to show
Debilitating pain that must be concealed
So dark
Still sinking

Remember when we would ride around town blasting Metallica in your old yellow truck?  Remember when Ethan dumped the gallon of white paint on himself?  Remember when we shared a cab with Martin?  Remember when we'd walk down to the Mom-n-Pops so often they knew what we wanted?  Remember when Zoe used to get annoyed with Ryan as a baby?  Remember when you purposed?  Remember when we found out I was pregnant?  Remember our long walks on the coastal trail?  I want to remember with you.

Confused
Overwhelmed
Frustrated
Limping
Limping forward
Limping forward with a smile
Still frustrated
Still overwhelmed
Still confused

Somehow we all keep moving forward.  We love just as hard as we did before our lives were flipped upside down.  We are doing life, but everything is different.  Nothing will ever be the same, as there will forever be a before and after.  I liked my before better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liar

Life's Circle

Every Single Day