Life's Circle

Life is circular...swirling amongst the most beautiful backdrop of colors.  Despite it all, the sun rises, water flows, and plants bloom.  And there I stand, in the midst of all that is glorious - twisted, scarred, weathered by everything life has dealt - but still standing.  Rooted firmly in the earth by family and friends and community who all helped me learn resiliency.  Their support helps me grip the solid footing of earth a little tighter each day.  Because each day, with strength from my roots, I can reach my mangled trunk toward the sky.  As my trunk stretches up and my branches out, I'm able to help my leaves flourish, which feeds nutrients back into me.  From time to time, new leaves grow, keeping me constantly fed.  Sometimes though, leaves fall.  And it doesn't matter how much I loved that particular leaf or how much it fed the goodness back into me, when it's time comes the leaf still falls and again becomes earth.  But the energy that was contained in the leaf is set free.  Free to flow beyond the limits of the circle that contain me.  Free.
"Upon the wings of death, the soul takes flight."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Liar

Every Single Day